Dentures – Ask the Right Questions to Stay Informed
Whether you’ve lost all your natural teeth or just a few, dentures can restore your smile, boost your confidence, protect your oral health, and give you back your ability to eat the foods you love. The first step in getting attractive, affordable quality dentures is finding a skilled, affordable dentist or prosthodontist who can perform a thorough exam and determine which options are best for you. Whether you need immediate or permanent dentures, dental restoration is a significant investment. It’s best to ask questions and get specific information so you’re fully informed and prepared for the process. Listed below are questions you should ask your dentist in Abingdon before and after getting your new dentures.
Before Getting Dentures, Get Answers
- What are the different types of removable and permanent dentures, and how will you determine which ones I need?
- Would I benefit from keeping some of my natural teeth?
- What will wearing my dentures feel like?
- Will my new dentures allow me to eat the same foods I currently enjoy?
- Are there any specific foods I should avoid to prevent damaging my new dentures?
- Will my appearance change with dentures?
- How will my dentures affect my speech?
- Will my dentures be breakable?
- How many hours per day should I wear my new dentures?
- How much will my dentures cost?
Questions to Ask Your Dentist After Your Dentures Are Placed
- How and when do I clean my new dentures?
- Do I need any special cleaning products?
- How do I store my dentures?
- How do I maintain my oral health with my new dentures?
- Will replacement dentures ever be required?
- When and how often should I see the dentist?
- What do I do if my dentures don’t seem to fit anymore?
- Can I make adjustments to my dentures without professional assistance?
- When and why should I use a denture adhesive?
- How do I properly apply various types of dental adhesives?
- Which denture care products are appropriate for my dentures?
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Abingdon, call Dental One Associates of Bel Air today at (410) 698-1674 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Abingdon. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Bel Air, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Bel Air.